Tuesday 23 June 2015

My Chosen Brief & Why I Chose It

I have chosen to partake in the construction of a short film.
I chose this brief for a variety of different reasons:


  • I am interested in the social and cultural issues that impact everyday modern society- issues such as mental health, racism and homelessness are topics that I feel passionate about therefore contributing to my decision in creating a documentary. 
  • The deadlines and plan of action for this brief seemed best suited to me personally; as somebody who struggles with time management I decided that a brief which addressed the main product primarily before the ancillary tasks would be more beneficial. 
  • I also considered choosing the advertisement brief; however after looking into the ancillary tasks in comparison to my own set of skills I decided that as an inspiring writer/journalist the task of a magazine review was best fitted to my strengths. 
  • After watching a few documentaries I decided I wanted to focus on the issue of homelessness and the grotesque nature of modern consumer society. 
  • The location is another benefit to choosing this genre as the streets of London possess many homeless people in which I could portray; it is also easily accessible to me.
  • After looking into the codes and conventions of the film noir genre I decided that through presenting my product in black and white I could then explore semiotics and the metaphorical image of contrast; this relates back to the overall meaning of the product.
  • Voice-over; passive, camera looking over them. Interview? Vox-pop. (voice of the people) narrative- follow one story? Hand-held camera. Iconic?  

No comments:

Post a Comment