Wednesday 6 April 2016

Progress Report

Over the last 2 months our main focus as a media class has been to continue with our coursework independently; reflecting upon this and my own personal progress I feel as though I have not shown my full potential nor my dedication to this subject.

However, saying this, I do have a clear perception of what needs to be done and the timeframe in which it is to be completed. There are large chunks missing from my research section of my blog, however, my planning section is up to date and I am moving forward within this part of the project. Currently I am focusing on filming some test shots of my chosen location as well as the shot types I have chosen to use as mentioned on my shot list.  I have faced some issues in doing so, for example, as I have chosen to film in the more central areas of London, the current issues that we are facing as a country are making me more cautious to do so, therefore setting back my filming process by at least two weeks. In the meantime I thought I would take advantage of this time by attempting to address one of my ancillary tasks; I have currently designed two templates for my film poster in which embarks upon the colour scheme and lighting I wish to use, the key focus/central image, the typography (colour, font, format etc.) However, the images used are from Google and are therefore copyrighted meaning that I cannot use them for my final task; taking this into consideration I have decided to take inspiration from the ones I have designed and am currently trying to organise when I can take a similar picture and how to edit it in order to receive the desired effect. In reference to the second ancillary task (the film review), I am struggling as to how I can prepare/plan for this now; if it is a review of my own film, how can I make a start when the film itself is yet to be created? I have also created a storyboard however it is yet to be marked and I am yet to receive feedback. As for my script, due to my selected narrative/genre (homeless, informative, documentary) I am unsure on whether or not I will be using one. The verbal audio I had initially desired to use was a voice-over – a previously recorded piece of audio in which will be placed over the frames/action when entering the editing process of my coursework. I was hoping to use the voice of only one, almost like a narrator in who would state facts and statistics in reference to the action shown on film.


Overall, I am very behind within my research section of the coursework and need to set aside some time to complete all unfinished areas as soon as possible. I must finish my analysis of 10 short films, 10 film posters and 10 film reviews in order to use this as a source of reflection when creating my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment